We are postponing the Ambassadors Program until Winter Quarter 2021, but stay tuned for updates! A great way to get involved remotely is by following our social media and sharing those learnings and information within your online communities! Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions.
The SHARE: Education team is looking to expand our volunteer network! We are looking for members of various Stanford communities who are passionate about promoting healthy sexuality and relationships on campus. As a SHARE: Education team Ambassador, you will ultimately have the opportunity to be an integral part of furthering the SHARE: Education team's mission of creating a more caring and empathetic community.
We are seeking to engage both passionate undergraduate and graduate students. We encourage everyone passionate about changing campus culture around sexuality and relationships to apply regardless of experience, gender, identity, or class year.
What are the expectations of a SHARE Ambassador?
* Attend a monthly check-in meeting
* Attend at least 1 training workshop (1-½ hours) per quarter
* Minimum of 3 hours per month of volunteer work (e.g., tabling in White Plaza, presenting a workshop, or facilitating an event)
* Support Awareness Month initiatives (e.g., Dating/Domestic Violence Awareness Month in October)
* Minimum of 2 quarters of commitment
*Total Commitment: ~6 hours per month
How will I contribute to the SHARE Ambassador Program?
* Help to outreach and educate your communities about SHARE resources
* Be kept in the loop about regular ways to get involved with the SHARE Office
* Participate in and lead SHARE events as a volunteer
* Implement your new ideas for SHARE programming and access SHARE’s professional consulting resources
* Orchestrate partnerships with the SHARE office
What can I gain from this experience?
* Undergo SHARE trainings
* Connect with professional staff and other students who are passionate about promoting healthy sexuality and relationships on campus
* Insider view into higher-level SHARE programming and vision, and access to spheres to give your input and be a part of shaping this vision
* Become a better resource in your community and friend around supporting disclosures and supporting people through difficult times