The Office of Sexual Assault & Relationship Abuse Education & Response (SARA) is looking to expand our volunteer network! We are looking for members of various Stanford communities who are passionate about promoting healthy sexuality and relationships on campus. As a SARA Ambassador, you will ultimately have the opportunity to be an integral part of furthering the SARA Office's Mission of creating a more caring and empathetic community.
We are seeking to engage both passionate undergraduate and graduate students. We encourage everyone passionate about changing campus culture around sexuality and relationships to apply regardless of experience, gender, identity, or class year.
Applications are due January 17, 2020. You can apply here: https://forms.gle/MMWd8csVZ19wCVth6
What are the expectations of a SARA Ambassador?
* Attend a monthly check-in meeting
* Attend at least 1 training workshop (1-½ hours) per quarter
* Minimum of 3 hours per month of volunteer work (e.g., tabling in White Plaza, presenting a workshop, or facilitating an event)
* Support Awareness Month initiatives (e.g., Dating/Domestic Violence Awareness Month in October)
* Minimum of 2 quarters of commitment
*Total Commitment: ~6 hours per month
How will I contribute to the SARA Ambassador Program?
* Help to outreach and educate your communities about SARA resources
* Be kept in the loop about regular ways to get involved with the SARA Office
* Participate in and lead SARA events as a volunteer
* Implement your new ideas for SARA programming and access SARA’s professional consulting resources
* Orchestrate partnerships with the SARA office
What can I gain from this experience?
* Undergo SARA trainings
* Connect with professional staff and other students who are passionate about promoting healthy sexuality and relationships on campus
* Insider view into higher-level SARA programming and vision, and access to spheres to give your input and be a part of shaping this vision
* Become a better resource in your community and friend around supporting disclosures and supporting people through difficult times